Translate

Friday, April 20, 2012

First Meeting

We had our first meeting this week, on April 18th, and it was... well, um... empty. I kind of knew it would be. A number of the women I invited don't really show up to things even if they're interested in it. And I put it on a day that a lot of people have plans for: churches, families, etc. But it was good. I got to have a peaceful, quiet dinner with my mother, and we went through the lessons for the week. I got some good insite and was able to adjust the information for later. 1 Peter 5:10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. These are hard words to swallow, but very true and applicable to this situation. It's hard for me to understand and accept this first meeting failure when I felt God moving so strongly for me to do this, to write this. I'm writing almost 6 months of lesson plans because I felt so strongly about this that I couldn't choose any other book. Maybe that is what I'm called to do. All I know is, He will reveal it to me someday. But now, I've got to fight these tears and accept that this failure is a part of His plan. It is hard, very hard to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment