Translate

Saturday, September 22, 2012

DIY fabric softener

Originally posted sept 22

I must say that I think this new medicine (Laduda, I think?) is working.  I've been much more productive, and thus domestic.  It's been good. 
I'm really proud of myself.  I just made some fabric softener.  That's right, folks, I made my own fabric softener!  It was pretty simple:
3 cups hot water
1 cup cheap hair conditioner
1 1/2 cups white vinegar
Add the hot water to the hair conditioner and whisk them together until they are completely mixed.  No lumps, just foggy water.  Then mix in the vinegar.  Voila!  Just put it in the container and you're ready to do some laundry!
I have to say I was inspired by one of Chris' co-workers who gave him a bucket (like Oxy-clean size) of laundry soap (powder).  It got me thinking, as I got closer to the end of our store bought fabric softener, that maybe that's what I should do.  So I got looking on Pinterest and found some recipes.  This is a half size so that it fits in the empty bottle.  It doesn't fill it, but a full version would be too much.  It's about 3/4 of the way full.  I'm super excited to try it out.
I know whenever I use vinegar in the wash it is softer, so I know it'll work.  So I'm excited that I did something good!  And it only cost me $1 for the new bottle of conditioner (I'm almost out, so I didn't use what I had).  It's all stuff I could find around the house, so I'll definetly be using it again when this bottle is gone.  Super excited am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment