Translate

Friday, March 30, 2012

clash of the truths

Today my inner feminist was fighting as I tried to reason myself into why reading "The Good Wife's Guide: Embracing Your Role as a Help Meet" and keep reading it made sense. I would read the obviously "dated" material and think "what? Am I supposed to get all dolled up for Chris and wait for him by the door with a cocktail?" Kind of. (And I cant believe I'm saying this but) what's so wrong with that? Ugh. I think a part me just puked.
When I sat and thought about it, I have to admit, I was still riding the fence. That was until I found some old notes from a sermon that were written on a banking envelope.
HIS reality (Truth) clashed with others
Will you follow Him down the rabbit hole?
Blessed = Happy
How far do we go with this?
Who created culture? Media
Be okay or aspire to live a counter-cultural life
Intellectually, I get it but...
Poor in heart and dependent on God
Silence is not your friend, Silence is uncomfortable.
Fellowship = where your soul is at
I am broken, I am restless
Do you want to make an impact?
*Different from desired reality is Jesus' truth
God meant for me to find this, because I usually throw them away a few days later, but this one was from before Passover started. I was just going to throw it away, but something caught my eye:
HIS reality (Truth) clashed with others
Then as I read more of it I remembered passages from "The Good Wife's Guide: Embracing Your Role as a Help Meet":
Make faith and family your first prioritiesfrom a place of sacrificial love. As wives and mothers we can and should have our own interests, but when our primary concern is our "self" to the point that we become our first priority, we have given in to a selfish nature that isn't lined up with scripture.
Then, as I read the notes again, more jumped out:
God's wisdom doesn't always sit right with mankind, and it doesn't have to. Faith tells me that His wisdom exceeds mine and therefore I put my trust in His infalliable Word.
I think His Word says it best in Joshua 24:15 (KJV):
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve... but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
How can I argue with that? Yeah, my inner feminist is kicking the dirt and mumbling as she walks away. I know she'll be back to fight again, but as long as I stay strong in His reality, I can do all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment